|My new jacket - blurry, out of focus, self timed photo.|
This is my new polar fleece jacket - I needed something to wear at places like the supermarket. I wanted a robust sort of fabric and one that would stand up to non too precious sorts of use. Something I wouldn't have to worry about, and something that would stretch and move with activity.
I used Simplicity 4032, a pattern I had in my stash. This is an unlined jacket. Polar fleece was one of the suggested fabrics. I made version B without the ruffle front, and made the collar a little narrower - I used the collar from Version A as this was narrower than version B's collar. I also wanted pockets so I added them from version C.
The facing also needed quite a lot of thought - I had to trim the SF/Front seams and tack them down, then lay the facing piece over this, tack it down, and then top stitch ( I had over locked the facing seam). Then I stitched in the ditch to keep the trimmed seams in the top stitched channel to give the ridged effect.
Everything else was straightforward, except for the buttonholes - I omitted these and opted for press fasteners and decorative buttons instead - the reason why is here :http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/how-not-to-ruin-jacket-at-last.html
|The finished jacket|
|The upper back|
|Inside view of front facing and pocket stitching.|
|Satin binding on sleeve inset seam.|
|The press fasteners and decorative buttons|
Now the obligatory shots of me wearing my me mades - and not only the jacket but also the trousers are me mades :)
|My classic look - this feels like "me".|
That's why I want to use my stash up - so I can build a new and better one.
This was also a stash busting project for the 2013 Style the Stash Sew A Long:- www.stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com
That's it for now,
Sarah Liz :)